Monday, March 31, 2008

Here is what I am up to!

This is my newest hobby. Saving lots of money on stuff that you have to have, like food and personal items. My cousin, Micah, is the one who got me onto this. She had this link on her blog Money Saving Mom and I tried it out. I am now addicted! This wonderful lady has helped us to save over a thousand dollars already this year just on food and personal items. It is time consuming, but the girls and I really don't go anywhere, so I have the time to work on it. So here are a few of my most recent deals! Oh, and thanks Micah if I haven't already told you!

This was my CVS trip. There were actually quite a few of them, but very much worth it. See this link to see how it works.



Here's what I got:

5 playschool brand wipes 240ct each

1 old spice body wash

3 Johnson's bath buddies soaps

1cvs brand bathroom wipes (to fill in to reach a certain $ amount)

5 Nivea men's shaving gel

1 clear care solution

2 crest kids toothbrushes

1 glide dental floss

Total $20.17

But I got back $23.00 in ECB's (see cvs101) So I actually made money on this and didn't spend any money out of my pocket, because I have transferred I prescriptions and have been given over $100.00 in gift cards to cvs! These items would have cost close to $80.00 before coupons, in store sales, and ecbs! (I will try to do better with this next week to show you what coupons I used.)


This was my Rite Aid trip. Here's what I got:

2 Aquafresh toothpaste
1 Excedrin 100ct
3 dawn dish soaps
2 Loreal kids shampoo

Total : $30.22 (without tax)
In store sales: $12.58
Coupons used: $12.50
Total out of pocket: $6.20 (this is with tax, for those accountants out there)

(I also paid nothing out of pocket here transferred Rx here too)

Last stop Walmart! This was probably the best deal:

9 Dinobites
3 Honey bunches of oats cereal
1 Suave lotion
1 fresh garlic (I just needed this)
1 Easter bubbles (for the girls)

Total: $17.42
Coupons used $16.00
Grand total out of pocket: $1.42

So see if you will put the time into it, it is well worth it! (and it is kinda fun for some of us!)

3 comments:

Micah said...

YES!!! I'm so glad you're into it too! Isn't it fun??? I know, I'm such a nerd =). We went to Max & Karen's a couple of weeks ago, and they had found it on my blog and are into it now too! Can't you just see Max in CVS? You are so brave to do ALL the pharmacy's. I keep thinking I'll get there, but I haven't yet. Keep posting your deals and I'll get jealous enough that it won't take me long =). After this week at CVS it said my year-to-date savings were $1012. We haven't had to "pay" for ANY personal items for 6 months now, thanks to ECBs and pharmacy gift cards =). Love you!!

p.s. Does your Mom make fun of you? My Mom thinks me and Heidi are so funny about this, and I can just see your Mom being the same =)

Rhonda J said...

Meredith,
Well I already thought you were awesome but now this! I am in awe of you now. lol I want and need to know all of yours (and Micah's) secrets. Since when did she get old enough to shop alone. ha ha I KNOW she is all grown up but the last time I saw her she was a little girl! Keep up the good work! Love ya, Rhonda Cox

Rhonda J said...

Meredith,
Well I already thought you were awesome but now this! I am in awe of you now. lol I want and need to know all of yours (and Micah's) secrets. Since when did she get old enough to shop alone. ha ha I KNOW she is all grown up but the last time I saw her she was a little girl! Keep up the good work! Love ya, Rhonda Cox